The Reopen & Stay Open Plan for BB&N
Smart. Safe. Resilient.
The Reopen & Stay Open Plan for BB&N
We present below BB&N’s plan for reopening school this Fall. Our plan has been designed to prioritize safety and well-being of our community, to come up with thoughtful solutions to the challenges facing us, and to allow the school to move easily between three models while ensuring that all of our students are receiving an excellent education throughout. We released this plan on August 1, 2020, and will publish updates on this page, as needed moving forward this summer. We invite you to read the plan below.
Connected@Home: BB&N's Remote Learning Plan
(published on August 27, 2020)
Appendix: Sample Academic Schedules
BB&N Community Letters from Head of School Dr. Jennifer Price
- March 5, 2021 Post-Spring Break Information
- January 13, 2021 Launch of Pooled Testing
- January 6, 2021 Events in Washington DC
- January 5, 2021 Re-Entry Testing Results
- December 16, 2020 Adaptations for the New Year
- December 8, 2020 Updates on Testing Plan
- December 1, 2020 Testing Results
- November 23, 2020 Recommendations Heading Into Thanksgiving Break
- November 20, 2020 Answers to FAQs
- November 8, 2020 Positive COVID Case of 10th Grade Student
- October 27, 2020 Enhanced Testing Plan and Updates on Safety Guidance
- October 8, 2020 Positive COVID Case Follow-Up
- October 1, 2020 Positive COVID Case of 11th Grade Student
- September 25, 2020 COVID Pledge Follow-Up
- September 16, 2020 uKnighted Community Pledge Reminder
- September 9, 2020 Testing Result
- August 29, 2020 "To Do" Checklist for Families
- August 27, 2020 (Remote Learning Plan)
- August 26, 2020 (COVID testing)
- August 20, 2020 (Reopening Plan and Information)
- July 19, 2020
- June 26, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- May 29, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- March 29, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- March 4, 2020
- March 2, 2020
Town Hall Meeting Recordings
All School Town Hall
(August 6, 2020)
Lower School Town Hall
(August 11, 2020)
Middle School Town Hall
(August 12, 2020)
Upper School Town Hall
(August 13, 2020)
Visitors and Tutors on Campus
To ensure the health and safety of our community, all campus facilities are closed to families and visitors until further notice. Only students, faculty, essential staff, and contracted workers are allowed on our campuses. Our outdoor facilities such as play structures and fields are also closed to families and visitors.
To comply with this policy, the school will ask families to arrange for tutoring for their child at home via videoconferencing or other remote tools.
Prevention and Treatment (Massachusetts DPH)
Managing Reactions to the Coronavirus and Talking with Your Children About Highly Stressful Events (Riverside Trauma Center)
Coronavirus, Wildfires, Oh My: What to Say to a Child Who's Scared by the News (Fatherly.com)
Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (NPR)
Talking to Teen/Tweens about Coronavirus (New York Times)
Video: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
The Dos and Don'ts of Social Distancing (The Atlantic)
Social Distancing: This Is Not a Snow Day (Ariadne Labs)
Free Breakfast & Lunch Locations (Boston Public Schools)
COVID-19 Resources Outside of BB&N for Families Seeking Help
COVID-19 Resources Outside of BB&N for Those Looking to Provide Help
- Prevention Best Practices
- What is COVID-19?
- What are symptoms of COVID-19?
- Can I prevent from getting infected by COVID-19?
- Can I travel internationally?
- Can I travel domestically?
- What is self-quarantine?
- What should I do if someone in my household is self-quarantined?