Mission & Values
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world.
- We value a learning environment distinguished by a broad, deep, and challenging program of study that inspires thorough, sustained engagement among our students.
- We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
- We value balancing a culture of high expectations with a strong commitment to support intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- We value kindness and compassion among all members of our community.
- We value the widespread, authentic connection with students that our teachers, coaches, and mentors seek to cultivate.
- We value a program that reinforces key characteristics for 21st-century success—especially creativity, curiosity, resilience, and teamwork.
- We value the importance of helping students develop keen ethical standards in their behavior, habits of thought, and decision making.
- We value a vibrant, healthy, and safe community where engagement and risk-taking promote lifelong learning.
- We value encouraging our students to learn and serve in their local, regional, and global communities.
- We value a well-rounded education that offers our students ample opportunity to explore, evolve, and excel in academics, arts, athletics, and all phases of school life.