Even as a sophomore, Hannah Curhan ’23 still benefited from the mentorship of her Middle School Drama Teacher, Ms. Crewdon. During the winter, Crewdon showed Curhan an email from the METG (Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild), calling for submissions to its first-ever monologue contest.
Mission & Values
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The school prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world.
Honestas Litterae Comitas
Honor Scholarship Kindness
- We value a learning environment distinguished by a broad, deep, and challenging program of study that inspires thorough, sustained engagement among our students.
- We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
- We value balancing a culture of high expectations with a strong commitment to support intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- We value kindness and compassion among all members of our community.
- We value the widespread, authentic connection with students that our teachers, coaches, and mentors seek to cultivate.
- We value a program that reinforces key characteristics for 21st-century success—especially creativity, curiosity, resilience, and teamwork.
- We value the importance of helping students develop keen ethical standards in their behavior, habits of thought, and decision-making.
- We value a vibrant, healthy, and safe community where engagement and risk-taking promote lifelong learning.
- We value encouraging our students to learn and serve in their local, regional, and global communities.
- We value a well-rounded education that offers our students ample opportunity to explore, evolve, and excel in academics, arts, athletics, and all phases of school life.