Professional Development Opportunities
The DEIG team recognizes that everyone is in a different place in their journey towards becoming a social justice advocate. If you would like personalized recommendations around professional development, don’t hesitate to reach out to our office at email@example.com. Professional development requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please go to the PD hub to find out more.
Internal Professional Development Groups
- DEIG Steering Committees (DSC) exist on each campus, are co-chaired by DEIG Practitioners and faculty members, and are open to all employees. The DSCs facilitate conversation, propose and implement initiatives, and communicate with administration around DEIG issues.
- SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) “develops leaders who guide their peers in conversational communities to drive personal, organizational, and societal change toward social justice.” At BB&N, SEED is offered internally to all new hires.
- White Awareness and Accountability Group (WAaAG) is a LS and US group for White faculty to learn about and address whiteness, white fragility, white privilege, and white supremacy.
- Community Gender and Sexuality Alliance (CGSA) is an all-school group for employees and families who identify as LGBTQ+.
- All-School BIPOC Group is an all-school supportive space for employees who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color.
External Professional Development Highlights
- DEI & Global Conferences- applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
- BB&N-Round Square Faculty Exchange Program - faculty can apply to travel and develop a global project to be applied in their curriculum in collaboration with a RS partner
- NAIS People of Color Conference - every year, the school supports a group of faculty, staff, and students to attend the People of Color conference