Every New Year's Eve, I make a list of resolutions, like many of us do, that I never actually fulfill. To be fair, my resolutions consist of things I know won't happen, like working out every single day. It's not because I don't want to, but it's just not the most important thing to me. So, why put it on my list? I don't know. I've learned that the resolutions you make for yourself are solely another way of setting expectations. However, I just end up disappointing myself when I don't accomplish them.
- Almost All the Colleges I Wanted to Go to Rejected Me. Now What?
- Colleges That Change Lives, Loren Pope
- Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be, Frank Bruni
- Letting Go, Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- How to Raise an Adult, Julie Lythcott-Haims
- Price of Privilege, Madeline Levine
- Gift of Failure, Jessica Lahey