Teacher Training Institute
Thank you for your interest in the Teacher Training Institute at the Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, a collaborative internship program between BB&N and Lesley University. This unique collaboration connects theory with practice in a comprehensive manner. It includes courses and seminars held at both BB&N and Lesley University. In addition, an intern is immersed in daily, supervised teaching with experienced mentor teachers.
“I can’t imagine a more effective, nurturing, and safe environment to challenge yourself, take risks, and prepare yourself to have your own classroom.”- Ben Goldhaber '08
BB&N offers four programs of study each leading to full Massachusetts licensure and a Master’s in Education:
- Early Childhood: Pre K-Grade 2
- Elementary Education: Grades 1-6
- Moderate Disabilities: Pre K – Grade 8
- Moderate Disabilities: Grades 5- 12 (The Moderate Disabilities programs are in collaboration with The Carroll School in Lincoln, Mass.)
- Lesley University application with personal statement
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two letters of reference
- Application fee to BB&N - $40.00
- Interview at BB&N
Buckingham Browne & Nichols has a scholarship covering part or all of the BB&N tuition for under-represented people in early childhood and elementary education. The school is also able at times, to cover the cost of one or more courses at Lesley University. Contact the program’s director, Beverly Malone, for more information.