The use of digital technologies in the Lower School support and enhance the curriculum, through meaningful integration within students' projects, assignments, and expectations. Lab computers, iPads, and laptops are used in various age-appropriate ways throughout the Lower School.
- are developmentally appropriate;
- are directly related to classroom content;
- offer students and teachers new ways of looking at the traditional curriculum;
- encourage thinking and stimulate inquiry;
- foster collaboration and communication; and
- challenge and motivate a wide range of students.
Technology resources at Lower School include projectors in all classrooms, laptops for all teachers, two computer labs, a library media center, laptop carts in the science building and in the grades 2-4 wing, and iPads for all 5th & 6th graders. We also have a strong program for digital citizenship and internet safety facilitated by our two Lower School Academic Technologists. Please visit our Technology Department Blog, the Lower School Technology Pages, and our Technology Department Website to read more about the use of technology at BB&N.