Upper School Student Groups
The Upper School (US) prepares students for lives of principled engagement by leveraging the identity and critical thinking work from the LS and MS and promoting student advocacy and leadership. All affinity and activism groups in the US are student-led, with faculty acting as advisors.
- The Student DEIG Steering Committee gathers students interested in informing policies related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Global Education. The group also has an advisory board made up of seniors with experience leading DEIG-related conversations.
- Students Honoring All Difference and Embracing Similarities (SHADES) is open to all students looking to have conversations and lead actions to make BB&N and the world a more equitable, just, and inclusive place for BIPOC.
- EMPOWER is an affinity space for girls of color.
- Brothers Seeking Academic Excellence (BSAE) is an affinity space for boys of color.
- AOC-SOC mentorship program connects students & alumni/ae who identify as people of color.
- Asian American Student Association (AASA)
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Feminist Coalition (FemCo)
- Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Club
- Jewish Cultural Club
- Society is a student-run publication that provides students with a space to write freely about a wide range of topics pertaining to race, culture, justice, and inclusion.
- Community Engagement Leadership Board (CELB) is tasked with promoting a culture of service and civic engagement at the school and beyond.
- Round Square Committee supports the school’s RS partnership and raises awareness about global issues.
*There are additional programs not represented on this list.