Name a Theater Seat
Now in our 10th season of exceptional productions in our Upper School Theater, BB&N's Name-a-Seat Initiative provides an opportunity to support the School's Upper School theater program while acknowledging and recognizing the many individuals whose talents over the years have made the theater program one of the School’s hallmarks.
Thanks to the generosity of donors to BB&N’s Opening Minds Campaign, BB&N students have a wonderful stage as well as backstage production spaces for set construction, costume fabrication and storage, props storage, rehearsal and “green room” space. The theater also provides comfortable and accessible seating for nearly 200 patrons at our shows.
You have an opportunity to leave your mark on our theater program by naming a seat in our theater, while also providing crucial resources to enable the theater program to continue to flourish in the years to come.
A gift of $1,000 to our Name a Seat Initiative allows you to honor or remember a family member, faculty member, BB&N drama student, group of students, or other special person. Funds raised through this effort will provide enhanced production facilities suited to the high standards of BB&N’s theater education objectives.
Over the last several years, funds raised from the Name a Seat Initiative were used to install a light dimming system. Besides the safety, efficiency and expansion of the lighting configuration afforded by this type of installation, the new system has made a significant contribution to our theater as a teaching environment. Students are now working with modern dimming equipment employing digital technology and learning how to compose their own lighting designs for the stage. Gifts to our Name a Seat Initiative were also used to purchase a new sound control board, making it possible to record and easily play back cues for theater productions using up-to-date performance equipment; and new storage systems for furniture, lumber, tools, and paint to increase and improve the efficiency of our back-of-house facilities.
Click here to see who has been honored and what seats remain.
To name a seat, enter “Theater Seat” in the designation field of the online giving form. For more information about this program, contact Janet Rosen in the External Affairs Office (617-800-2729 or email@example.com.
• Four mainstage shows a year, with 25-50 students involved in each production;
• Open auditions, with new talent in each show;
• Challenging material is brought to life on stage: the plays are always educational, provocative, and enlightening;
• Annual winter musical incorporates student dancers and musicians;
• Seniors produce and direct shows each spring;
• Full costume shop;
• Full back stage crew of students who build the sets and run the shows under the guidance of our Theater Designer;
• Students who love theater can be involved every season in lieu of sports beginning in 10th grade. A few 9th graders join productions in the winter or spring season.