Financial aid is a decrease of tuition costs, formulated on the basis of need. Although sometimes referred to as “grant” or “scholarship”, BB&N does not award “merit scholarships” (i.e. a monetary award based on either academic or extracurricular merit). All students who receive aid have families that qualify according to the School and Student Services for Financial Aid. Anyone may apply for financial aid, there is no income ceiling or minimum.
For the 2022-23 academic year, BB&N has awarded $10.4 million in financial aid to over 250 students. All families contribute towards tuition and awards are based on demonstrated need.
Will our level of financial aid change from year to year:
You can expect approximately the same level of aid each year at BB&N, provided your financial situation does not change. Because financial aid decisions are reviewed each year, families receiving aid must submit information (the PFS and the 1040) each year, establishing need for the next academic year.
BB&N makes every attempt to give each student access to the opportunities the school offers. For all students, books are included in the cost of tuition. Additionally, all Lower School students receive the technology they need to support the academic curriculum. Finally financial aid is available for activities such as: trips, summer opportunities, academic support, transportation, after school, technology costs, and field trips. This support is based on the percentage of funding a family receives for tuition.
Tuition for 2022-2023
Beginners to Grade 3 – $40,150
Grades 4 and 5 – $44,600
Grade 6 – $53,100
Grades 7 to 12 – $57,200
Financial Aid Deadlines
If your child is an applicant for admission:
- January 19, 2023 - Complete the Financial Aid Application. BB&N's school code is 1930. In separated/divorced cases, both parents must submit an application. The application can be filled out and submitted online at the School and Student Services (SSS) website after October 1, 2022. Be sure to fill out all items fully and frankly and provide clear explanations when called for. If you do not have Internet access and/or desire assistance filling out the application, please call the Financial Aid Office by Monday, November 30, 2022 to set up an appointment.
- Upload to SSS your complete 2021 federal tax return with all schedules along with your 2021 W-2 forms. If you are a business owner, please submit the form 1120 as well.
- February 16, 2023 - Upload to SSS your 2021 Federal Income Tax Return with 2022 W-2 forms and all the attached schedules.
If your child is a current student:
Current families applying for aid for the first time should email Director of Financial Aid, Genieve Rankel (firstname.lastname@example.org), for information about the application process.
- January 5, 2023 - Complete the Financial Aid Application. In separated/divorced cases, both parents must submit an application. The application can be filled out and submitted online at the School and Student Services (SSS) website (https://www.
solutionsbysss.com/parents) after October 1, 2022. Be sure to fill out all items fully and frankly and provide clear explanations when called for.
- By February 9, 2023 - Upload to SSS your 2022 Federal Income Tax Return with 2022 W-2 forms and all the attached schedules. If you are a business owner, please submit the form 1120 as well. A copy of your previous years' taxes should be on file.