Financial aid is a decrease of tuition costs, formulated on the basis of need. Although sometimes referred to as “grant” or “scholarship”, BB&N does not award “merit scholarships” (i.e. a monetary award based on either academic or extracurricular merit). All students who receive aid have families that qualify according to the School and Student Services for Financial Aid. Anyone may apply for financial aid, there is no income ceiling or minimum.
For the 2019-20 academic year, BB&N awarded nearly $10 million in financial aid to over 260 students, with grants ranging from $5,400 to $52,300. All families contribute towards tuition and awards are based on demonstrated need.
Will our level of financial aid change from year to year:
You can expect approximately the same level of aid each year at BB&N, provided your financial situation does not change. Because financial aid decisions are reviewed each year, families receiving aid must submit information (the PFS and the 1040) each year, establishing need for the next academic year.
BB&N makes every attempt to give each student access to the opportunities the school offers. For all students, books are included in the cost of tuition. Additionally, all Lower School students receive the technology they need to support the academic curriculum. Finally financial aid is available for activities such as: trips, summer opportunities, academic support, transportation, after school, technology costs, and field trips. This support is based on the percentage of funding a family receives for tuition.
Tuition for 2021-2022
Beginners to Grade 3 - $38,400
Grades 4 and 5 – $42,700
Grade 6 - $50,800
Grades 7 and 8 - $54,700
Grades 9 to 12 – $54,700
Financial Aid Deadlines
If your child is an applicant for admission:
- January 21, 2021 - Complete the Financial Aid Application. BB&N's school code is 1930. In separated/ divorced cases, both parents must submit an application. The application can be filled out and submitted online at the School and Student Services (SSS) website after October 1, 2020. Be sure to fill out all items fully and frankly and provide clear explanations when called for. If you do not have Internet access and/or desire assistance filling out the application, please call the Financial Aid Office by Monday, December 2 to set up an appointment.
- Upload to SSS your complete 2019 federal tax return with all schedules along with your 2019 W-2 forms. If you are a business owner, please submit the form 1120 as well.
- February 18, 2021 - Upload to SSS your 2020 Federal Income Tax Return with W-2 forms and all the attached schedules.
If your child is a current student:
Current families applying for aid for the first time should call the Financial Aid Office (617-800-2188) for information about the application process.
- January 9, 2021 - Complete the Financial Aid Application. In separated/divorced cases, both parents must submit an application. The application can be filled out and submitted online at the School and Student Services (SSS) website after October 1, 2020. Be sure to fill out all items fully and frankly and provide clear explanations when called for.
- By February 12, 2021 - Upload to SSS your 2020 Federal Income Tax Return with 2020 W-2 forms and all the attached schedules. If you are a business owner, please submit the form 1120 as well. A copy of your previous years' taxes should already be on file.