Registration for Summer 2019 will Open in January 2019!
We have something for everyone. Different Camps for different grades, but fun for all! Mix and Match and create your best summer ever! Please be sure to select the correct link below to address your needs. Online registration begins in January!
- Registration for Summer 2019 will begin in January 2019.
- Have you checked out all the camps we offer this year and have decided which camps and which weeks you want?
- Then... Select the pink Registration Button to Register your camper at any time after Opening Day in January!
Enrollment for Summer at BB&N is offered exclusively online and all applications will only be accepted electronically. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Camp spaces are limited so please plan accordingly. If you are put on a waitlist for any camp week, we will contact you as soon as a space becomes available for you in camp. Any time before June 1, you will be required to pay a deposit for each camp week and each camper in order to complete your registration. After June 1, you will be required to pay the full tuition for each camp week and each camper in order to complete your registration.
Select from the tabs below to see details on our policies for registration and for camp.
- Registration Tips
- Early Morning & Extended Day
- Financial Assistance
- International Campers
- Principles of Conduct
- A computer is the best device to use to register. Phones and hand held devices make the registration process a bit more challenging. The registration will take several minutes to get comfortable in front of a desk top or a lap top.
- You will need a head shot of your camper: you will upload this photo right to your camper's profile page. This photo is only used internally so we can get acquainted with your camper even before he/she steps onto campus!
- You will need to respond to medical information so please have your camper's doctor, dentist, and medical info available before you begin.
- Please input both parents/guardians on the application even though one may simply be the primary contact for camp. We use both parents' contact information during camp to address the needs of your camper. In addition, if only one parent is listed on the campers' profile, then that is the only person that will be permitted to pick up the camper at the end of the day.
- NEW: NOW Required in order to complete your registration: You will need to have a current Health Care form to upload onto your camper's profile in order to complete your registration. We understand that camp will be several months away, but having your current campers' Physician Health Care Form will assist our nurse in evaluating your campers' needs before camp begins. As we understand that your camper will likely visit the pediatrician at some point between now and the start of camp for their annual check up, you will be able to upload a more current Physician Health Form at any time simply by logging back onto your account, removing/deleting the older Health Form, and uploading the newer Health Form. All Camper Physician Forms are due by June 1. Any camper without a current AND approved (by our Camp Nurse) form will not be permitted to attend camp. *International Campers should visit the International website page for more information.
- Register: Register online for your desired camp weeks
- Medical Form: Did you upload your camper's most recent Physician Health Form?? You will be required to upload this form before you will be able to complete your registration!! Click here to see details on our "Summer Important Information" page and the tab entitled "Medical Forms and Info".
- Financial Aid: Are you applying for Financial Aid? Did you submit your application along with the required tax documents?
- Pay Balance: June 1: Final payments are due for all camp weeks.
- Options: Are you interested in purchasing Options like Early Morning and/or Extended Day? You can add these options onto your existing camp weeks any time after 1 June by "logging onto your account" and adding Options
June 1: Once you register for your camp weeks you can add "Options" to your account such as Early Morning and Extended Day. Please note that you will not be able to order these options until after 1 June. Simply log onto your existing account by clicking on the blue Account button to add Options to your camp weeks any time after 1 June.
Early Morning: 7:30 - 8:30 AM, daily
- $12 daily with advance registration, any time before 7am of the day needed.
Extended Day: 3:30 - 5:30 PM, daily
- $24 daily with advance registration, any time before 12pm of the day needed.
- Early Morning: NEW location: Now at the Main School Building (not the gym). Signs will direct families to the Early Morning private entrance on the side of the Main School Building. This program runs from 7:30am to 8:30am with a light breakfast snacks offered daily. Any child dropped off at camp prior to the regular start of camp (8:30) will be supervised in the Early Morning program and the family charged the appropriate fees. Early morning option purchases are offered only on a daily basis. Please note, that same day registration and/or drop off without registering ahead of time will result in the higher same day fees as noted above.
- Extended Day: NEW location: Now at the Main School Building (not the gym). Signs will direct families to the Extended Day private entrance on the side of the Main School Building for pick up. This program runs from 3:30 - 5:30pm with a snack offered daily. The Extended Day program ends promptly at 5:30. All campers must be picked up by 5:30 or be charged a late fee equal to the Extended Day Rate for every half hour, (or fraction thereof), for each camper that is picked up after 5:30. Extended Day option purchases are offered only on a daily basis. Please note, that same day registration and/or drop off without registering ahead of time will result in the higher same day fees as noted above. Please note that we will not be offering Extended Day on the last Friday of Camp in Week 8 (Aug 16)
- Registration for any and all Options will not be available until 1 June of this coming camp year. We will not run out of space in these programs. There is no limitation on the number of campers permitted to enroll in Early Morning or Extended Day so there is no need to register and/or pay for these options prior to 1 June or before your plans/schedules are confirmed. You may register at any time after 1 June, and up until the camp day needed for coverage. Your ARE required to pre-register for these options before your child is scheduled to attend any of these options. Please ensure your plans are firm prior to registering for these options as there are no refunds or exchanges if unused. These Options are non-refundable AND non-transferrable to any other day/option/item/camper at any time.
- Financial Aid and Options: Although we offer financial aid for tuition of camp weeks, we do not currently offer aid for the purchase of Early Morning or Extended Day.
*NOTE: Extended Day will NOT be offered on the last Friday of Camp in Week 8.
Deposit: When registering before June 1, your registration must be accompanied by a deposit of $50 per camper per week that will be applied towards your camper's tuition. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be applied to each week in which your camper is enrolled and cannot be refunded or applied to any other camp week, camp program, or camp balance at any other time. After June 1, your registration must be accompanied by the full tuition payment per camper and per week.
Final payment is due by June 1 of the camp year unless otherwise noted. Simply log onto your existing account by clicking on the blue button Account button to make payments at any time.Full payment, including all balances, are due by June 1 of the camp year for all programs unless otherwise noted. Simply log onto your existing account by clicking on the blue Account button to make payments at any time.
Any campers accepted after June 1 will be required to pay in full at time of registration. This includes waitlisted campers that are required to submit payment immediately upon notification of enrollment in camp. Balances not paid in full by June 1 may result in the removal of registered camp weeks with a loss in all deposits made.
Late Fees: We expect our families to pick up in a timely manner each day with the knowledge that traffic, parking, and unforeseen circumstances can, and will, be a factor for all families each day.
- From Regular 3:30 Dismissal: Any camper not picked up from their counselor/group by 3:30 will be considered late. By 3:45, all late campers will be placed in the care of our Extended Day Program. Families late in picking up their camper will be charged the Extended Day Daily rate regardless of the amount of time the child spends in our Extended Day program.
- From Extended Day: Any camper not picked up from the Extended Day program promptly by 5:30 will be considered late. At 5:45, all late campers will be brought to the camp office and families will be charged an additional Extended Day Daily rate for that day. Repeated or extreme lateness may result in the loss of any future participation in the Extended Day Program for that family.
BB&N is proud to offer financial assistance to all of our summer programs up to a maximum of four camp weeks.
- Financial Aid is granted based on family income level using Federal guidelines to determine need.
- It is required that families requesting assistance register for their preferred camp weeks as soon as possible.
- NEW this year: All aid families are required to make the same deposit for each camp week and each child registering for camp.
- After completion of your registration, families should submit a completed copy of the BB&N Summer Camp Financial Aid Application (CLICK HERE to download form) along with both parents' current year Tax Returns (this year's returns not last year's) via regular U.S. MAIL (Fax and Email submissions are not acceptable) to the following address:
- Financial Assistance requests, including tax returns, are due by April 1. Please ensure all documents are marked "Summer Camp" to ensure proper delivery to our staff. For additional information, please call the Camp Office at 617-800-2200. Submissions received after 1 April will be considered on a case by case basis if additional funds remain available.
- The submission of all required documentation is the responsibility of each applicant. BBN will not evaluate any requests without the receipt of all documentation.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide aid to international families at this time due to the required submission of a US Tax Return.
- Cambridge Camping Families should confer with the Cambridge Camping Association Office (CCA) prior to registering and applying for aid. CCA families are required to register online for their desired camps before BB&N will provide aid awards. Delaying registration and the provision of adequate information after 1 April may delay aid awards.
- We will notify all applicants prior to the start of camp of any aid awards. Aid families will have until June 1 to pay for the camp weeks needed. If award is provided after May 15, Aid families will have 2 weeks to pay for the camp weeks needed.
- If the award is not what a family had anticipated, each family has 2 weeks or until the morning of the first day of their child's camp, whichever comes first, to request removal of any, part, or all, of the camp weeks they have registered with no penalty. IF the family notifies the Camp Office in writing with a request for removal from camp weeks within the above mentioned time period, a refund of the deposit will be made in full. IF the family fails to notify the Camp Office on writing of a request for removal from camp within the specified time period noted above, the deposit will not be returned, refunded, or transferred.
- Financial Aid and Options: Although we offer financial aid for tuition of camp weeks, we do not currently offer aid for the purchase of Early Morning or Extended Day Options.
Deposits: Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable once a camper is registered. If a change to your schedule is required, you may do so by contacting the camp office. We will modify your camp weeks on your account but you will not be refunded the deposit fees.
Before June 1: Payments, minus any Deposits ($50 per camp week per child), ARE refundable prior to 1 June. Camp families must contact the Camp Office in writing/email prior to 1 June to request a change to their account and receive a refund of monies paid (minus the $50 registration fee per camp per child).
After June 1: Payments of any kind (deposits and/or Tuition payments and/or Option payments), are NOT Refundable after 1 June. Although not refundable, Tuition is transferrable to another camp week or another child under your account should another program be available in the same camp year. Please contact the Summer Camp Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details as to the changes you would like to make to your account. Please remember, the deposit amount will not be refunded or transferred to any new camp weeks and the family will be required to pay any difference in order to secure a new camp week. There will be no refunds if the transferred camp week is less than the original payment for the original camp week. Option payments are not refundable or transferrable at any time.
Switching Camp Weeks: After June 1 of the camp year, Tuition payments are non-refundable but are now transferrable. We will allow payments to be switched from one camp week to another assuming availability in the same family account. The Deposits ($50 per camp week per child) remains non-refundable and non-transferrable. As a result, switching weeks will require a family to pay additionally to confirm a switch in camp weeks even if the camp weeks are equal in price. That said, there will be no refunds for any difference in payment that would be gained from such a change. Therefore, switching to a less expense camp week, will NOT result in a refund to the family and may, in fact, still require additional payment from the family. Switching camp weeks is permitted within the same family. Switching camp weeks is not permitted to any camper outside of the registered family account. Camp families must contact the Camp Office to switch camp weeks via email at email@example.com with complete information regarding the requested change (child name, family name, name of camp week no longer needed, name of camp week requested). This change cannot be accomplished online by the family.
Dropping Camp Weeks: After June 1 of the camp year, Tuition payments are non-refundable but are now transferrable. We now allow Tuition payments made to a dropped camp week to be used within a families account for the purchase of additional camp weeks or options for any child within the family during the current summer. The Deposit ($50 per camp week, per camper) remains non-refundable and non-transferrable. As a result, dropping camp weeks will result in a credit in the family account minus the $50 Deposit. There will be no refunds for any payments made after 1 June. Any credit in a families' account is not transferrable to any other family or camper outside of the registered family account or to any other camp year. Camp families must contact the Camp Office to drop camp weeks via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with complete information regarding the requested change (child name, family name, name of camp week no longer needed). This change cannot be accomplished online by the family.
Withdrawals: Withdrawals or changes for any reason, including but not limited to: change of family plans, failure to attend, broken or cast limbs, injury, illness, incomplete attendance, or dismissal by the Camp Director, are non-refundable. BB&N reserves the right to dismiss a camper, without tuition refund, when his/her behavior interferes with the rights or safety of others, or the proper functioning of a group or activity.
Early Morning & Extended Day: Early Morning and Extended Day Options are NOT refundable or transferrable at any time. Please wait until you have confirmed your schedule before registering for any Options as these Options will not be refundable or transferrable if left unused. You may wait until the day/week needed to register and pay for Early Morning and Extended Day Options. We will not run out of room in any of these programs.
Welcome International Campers! We are very excited your children will be joining us this summer. We have campers representing over 32 different countries from all over the world: Aruba, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Venezuela, and more!
International campers can apply to all of our Classic Camps regardless of their language abilities. With regard to our Specialty Camps and our LIT Program we require fluent English speakers. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. We are here to help you!!!
Top 10 Reasons Why International Families Choose Summer @ BB&N:
1. Location: Located right in the center of Cambridge Massachusetts we are a short walk to Harvard and MIT . We are on the Charles River and overlook the city of Boston with all the history, entertainment, and excitement that it offers.
2. Experience: Buckingham Browne & Nichols is coeducational day school in Cambridge with its origins dating back to 1883. Our Summer Camp followed in 1949 providing us over 60 years of day camp experience to date.
3. Staff: Our staff is comprised of educators, specialists, and skilled caretakers as well as mature college and high school students. Each Camp Group is led by a Senior Counselor who is generally an experienced school teacher by trade.
4. Flexibility: We offer camp experiences by the week. Register for only one week or register for any combination of more weeks...the choice is yours!
5. Prices: They are the lowest around for a similar experience from an independent school in the Boston area. Check it out!
6. Choices: We have our Classic Summer Camp, but we also have Sports Camps (Sports Academy), Specialty Camps (Technology, Film, STEAM, Chess, etc)... so that there is something for everyone in your family.
7. Food: OK, our campers and families LOVE our lunch program. Snacks and lunch are provided free each day, so no need to pack any extra food for your camper, we promise to keep them well fed and hydrated throughout the day.
8. Facility: Our camps utilize our newly renovated Renaissance Hall in the Main School building, our state-of-the-art Nicholas Athletic Center (including 2 tennis courts, an exercise room, a wrestling room, and indoor crew tank, and a double gymnasium), several natural and turf athletic fields, two indoor pools built just for our summer camp, and a fully stocked BB&N boat house right across the street from our campus on the Charles River.
9. Consistency: We are lucky to welcome back the same Head Staff almost every year and to see so many of our camp families return to us year after year.
10. Change: As much as we like the way things are, we are constantly improving our facilities, our programs, and our offerings. With more new families joining us every year, change is good.... really good!!
- What to Expect
- Tips for Registering
- Child Grade Level
- Immunization Records
- Where to Stay: Hotels and Accommodations
- Help Us Share Your Experience!
Because we know you want to know more ... Many international campers arrive on their first day of camp not knowing a single word of English. Some campers arrive jet lagged having just arrived in our country the night before. There are generally some tears in the beginning, but we take special care to ensure that all of these children become acclimated to their camp environment.
While some of our Counselors can speak in different languages, we have found that most international families request that our counselors speak only English to their children while they are at camp. We have found that our international campers pick up quite a bit of our language and customs by the end of their first camp week with this full immersion approach.
We keep campers very busy with over 16 activities that we rotate throughout their camp week including 2 swim activities. By the second day of camp almost all children are smiling and ready for another fun day of camp. We cannot promise that your child will learn English while they are with us, but we can promise that they will make some American friends, enjoy some yummy American food, and have fun just being a kid no matter what country they call home.
Payment: please have your credit card ready when registering. For your protection, the system will "time out" or end if there is inactivity during registration more than 10 minutes. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide aid to international families at this time due to the required submission of a US Tax Return.
Medical Emergency Information:
- Our international families are required to to have medical and health insurance for their students while here at our camp. This may be done at any time prior to your campers arrival at camp but this information must be input on your campers online account before he/she arrives at camp and in time for our camp nurse to review all medical information by June 1 of the camp year.
Emergency Contact Persons:
- Please input only US emergency contact persons.
- If you registering with a group, please use the group contact name and information as the contact person #1.
- You must list at least one emergency contact person in the US.
- If you do not have US phone numbers available just yet, you will have to wait to register until you have this information.
- Once here in the states, we strongly encourage you to invest in a Pay-As-You-Go Cell Phone so that we can reach out to you as needed with regard to your camper.
- As soon as you have access to additional US cell phone (or a local US phone contact) numbers, you MUST update your account with the US phone numbers so we can contact you during your students stay at our camp.
- IF a family does not have a US phone number or a US contact number, your student will NOT be permitted to attend our camp!
We group campers according to school grade when they come to our camp. Generally our grade system follows the correlates to the child's age as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years old. Your child must be 4 years old to attend our camp.
- Kindergarten: 5 years old
- 1st Grade: 6 years old
- 2nd Grade: 7 years old
- 3rd Grade: 8 years old
- 4th Grade: 9 years old
- 5th Grade: 10 years old
- 6th Grade: 11 years old
- 7th Grade: 12 years old
- 8th Grade: 13 years old
- 9th Grade: 14 years old
Immunization records are required for all campers. These records must be in English. If your records are in another language you must have them translated to English and signed by a Physician. The following form is REQUIRED to be completed in English and signed by a medical professional: Click here for a Physician Health Form. Alternate forms will not be accepted. Campers are not allowed to attend camp without all medical forms completed, submitted AND approved by our Camp Nurse. Please note, new requirements are in place with regard to immunizations for children, including measles vaccines. Your Physician Health form should comply with all state and federal requirements currently in place or you child will not be permitted to attend our camp.
Please review the "Policies" tab and the "Registration Information" tab on this website and in particular the information under regarding any Medical direction. I have taken the liberty of copying 2 pieces of medical information as it relates to all campers:
- New information regarding Measels: Please click here to download the latest information on measles.
- Information regarding Bacterial Meningococcal Disease as it pertains to summer camp.
Where to Stay: Please note that BB&N does not have a business relationship with any of the businesses noted herein. Our only interest is in providing our camp families with addtional information to assist them in their stay here in Massachusetts.
Hotels: There are many hotels to choose from in the Cambridge area. Some ideas are as follows when thinking about hotels for the summer.
- Cambridge and Boston hotels will certainly provide you with very easy access to the site, but will also likely come with a higher price tag. Hotel listings in Cambridge
- Neighboring Towns: Waltham, Watertown, Arlington, Belmont. Although our camp is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our neighboring towns may prove to have lower priced accommodations than the Boston and Cambridge options. If you will have a car, these towns might prove to be a great option for you and your family.
Home Rental: Short term home rentals may also be an option for you. Here is a link to a website that has just that: www.sabbaticalhomes.com. The search was on Cambridge but you can also search Boston and the neighboring towns already mentioned.
Things to do and see around Boston/Cambridge:
- Did you find a great hotel?
- Did you have a great experience with a rental car company?
- Did you take a great tour or excursion?
Share with us your experiences and we will share them with our other International families. We are getting more and more families from other countries every year and we want to make it the best experience for all of you so let us know the best and the worst of your experience and we will try to improve our communications to all of you each year. You can email our Camp Office at any time to share your experience for other families at Summer@BBNS.org
All of the following policies are presented when when you register your camper online. Acceptance of these policies is required to complete your online registration.
- Deposit: I understand that the weekly deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tuition: Tuition minus the deposit IS transferrable to another camp week or another child under your account should another program be available in the same camp year. That said, the deposit amount will not be refunded or transferred to any new camp weeks and the family will be required to pay any difference in order to secure a new camp week.
- Before 1 June: Tuition (minus the weekly deposits) is refundable.
- After 1 June: Tuition is NOT refundable but is transferrable. The deposit ($50 per camp week per child) remains non-refundable and non-transferrable. Families may drop camp weeks and the tuition (minus the deposits) will be added as a credit to the families account to be used for the purchase of additional camp weeks or options for any child within the family during the current summer.
- Options: Options are NOT refundable or transferrable at any time. The purchase of Early Morning or Extended Day Options will not be refundable or transferrable if left unused. Camper attendance at early morning or extended day programs will result in the parent/guardian account being charged the corresponding fees/rates.
- Payment: I agree to pay all charges and fees for all programs by June 1 and understand that failure to do so will result in a forfeit of enrollment and deposit. All registrations received after June 1 require immediate full payment.
- Late Pick up: I understand that families late in picking up their children from camp at regular dismissal time will be charged the Extended Day Daily rate regardless of the amount of time the child spends in our Extended Day program. I also understand that any camper not picked up from the Extended Day program promptly by 5:30 will be charged an additional Extended Day Daily rate that day. Repeated or extreme lateness may result in the loss o f any future participation in the Extended Day Program for that family.
- Withdrawal: I understand that after June 1 BB&N will not refund funds for a camper who withdraws for any reason, including but not limited to: change of family plans, failure to attend, broken or cast limbs, injury, illness, incomplete attendance or dismissal.
- Dismissal: The Camp Director reserves the right to dismiss a camper, without tuition refund, when his or her behavior interferes with the rights or safety of others, the proper functioning of the group or activity, violations of the camp’s principles of conduct, or if any additional support needs are not disclosed and brought to the Director’s attention at the time of registration.
- Medical Forms: I understand a completed Health History Physician’s Form (current within 12 months) must be returned to the Camp Office by June 1. My camper may not attend Camp until the properly completed form has been received AND approved by our Camp Nurse. Submission on the day of camper attendance does not guarantee the camper's ability to attend camp.
- Medical Issues: As it pertains to off-site trips or excursions, in particular with Senior Camp trips, campers with medical needs beyond the scope of our off-site programs, may be required to stay on campus with direct access to our Camp Nurse. The Camp Director reserves the right to determine the daily program for campers with medical needs that prevent them from traveling off-site.
- Bullying: BB&N does not tolerate bullying at any time. The Camp Director will manage and address all bullying situations during the summer per the BB&N Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan. Please note that the Summer Camp Director shall represent the interests of the "Campus Director" where noted in this Plan.
- Participation: I grant permission for my child to participate in all BB&N summer programs including, but not limited to: activities, events, transportation, early morning and extended day with the understanding that Camp leadership will be provided.
- Release: I hereby agree, on behalf of my child, myself, and our respective heirs and assigns, release BB&N and all if its officers, agents, trustees and employees from all claims, liability, loss, damage, and expense which may in any way arise form my child’s participation in the BB&N summer programs. This includes without limitation, all claims which my child his/her parents or guardians and our respective heirs and assigns, may have personal injuries to other persons which are caused by my child or to my child of any kind or nature which may be caused by any act or omission of BB&N or any of its officers, trustees, agents, or employees. This release shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
At Summer @ BB&N we require our campers, our camp families as well as all those that step foot on our campus to abide by our Principles of Conduct:
Honestas Litterae Comitas: Honor Scholarship Kindness
- We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
- We value kindness and compassion among all members of our community.
- We value the importance of helping campers develop keen ethical standards in their behavior, habits of thought, and decision-making.
- We value a vibrant, healthy, and safe community where engagement and risk-taking promote lifelong learning.