Top 10 Reasons Why International Families Choose Summer @ BB&N:
1. Location: Located right in the center of Cambridge Massachusetts we are a short walk to Harvard and MIT . We are on the Charles River and overlook the city of Boston with all the history, entertainment, and excitement that it offers.
2. Experience: Buckingham Browne & Nichols is coeducational day school in Cambridge with its origins dating back to 1883. Our Summer Camp followed in 1949 providing us over 60 years of day camp experience to date.
3. Staff: Our staff is comprised of educators, specialists, and skilled caretakers as well as mature college and high school students. Each Camp Group is led by a Senior Counselor who is generally an experienced school teacher by trade.
4. Flexibility: We offer camp experiences by the week. Register for only one week or register for any combination of more weeks...the choice is yours!
5. Prices: They are the lowest around for a similar experience from an independent school in the Boston area. Check it out!
6. Choices: We have our Classic Summer Camp, but we also have Sports Camps (Sports Academy), Specialty Camps (Technology, Film, STEAM, Chess, etc)... so that there is something for everyone in your family.
7. Food: OK, our campers and families LOVE our lunch program. Snacks and lunch are provided free each day, so no need to pack any extra food for your camper, we promise to keep them well fed and hydrated throughout the day.
8. Facility: Our camps utilize our newly renovated Renaissance Hall in the Main School building, our state-of-the-art Nicholas Athletic Center (including 2 tennis courts, an exercise room, a wrestling room, and indoor crew tank, and a double gymnasium), several natural and turf athletic fields, two indoor pools built just for our summer camp, and a fully stocked BB&N boat house right across the street from our campus on the Charles River.
9. Consistency: We are lucky to welcome back the same Head Staff almost every year and to see so many of our camp families return to us year after year.
10. Change: As much as we like the way things are, we are constantly improving our facilities, our programs, and our offerings. With more new families joining us every year, change is good.... really good!!