Summer @ BB&N
It's our Birthday, it's our Birthday! We are 70 years old this summer!! We know that 2018 Rocked, but 2019 is going to be even better! Ryan, Janine, Laurel, and Cristina and I are hard at work trying to outdo ourselves for this coming year! We have already modified our grades for Classic Camps so that we can offer more specific programming for each group. Don't worry, we won't change the stuff that is already awesome... WOW Wednesdays, Theme Thursdays, and Fun Fridays will be back of course! Check out our updated website with new programs and camps for 2019!
Really cool and really new this year... BUSES!!! POOLS!!! with diving blocks!!! (Our pools are now OFF SITE), Advanced Rowing Program! and so much more.... check it out and let me know what you think.
Please welcome Emma Keller to a leadership role as our Activities Manager. Emma has taught in just about all of our Classic Camps and led an awesome Science and Art Activities as well as being a current coach of our rowing program at BB&N She joins us on our Leadership Team to make sure our activities schedule is perfect for every camper at every age.
We are doing what we love and we cannot wait for all our campers to arrive on campus in June. In the meantime.... think summer!
Colleen O'Connor, Director of Extended Year Programs
* Please note that our pools are no longer on campus. Campers will travel off-campus twice a week to take advantage of our partner pools at Double Tree (Grades 1-2) or Brandeis University Pool (Grades 3-9). Please click here and go to the "Pools and Swimming" tab to find out more.
It's our 70th Birthday...so how we are going to celebrate?
By giving you MORE of everything in Summer 2019!!
- New Bus Transportation Service offered to and from camp each day. One way or round trip!
- Improved Swim Instruction program partnering with Charles River Aquatics for awesome swim instruction!
- Improved Pool and Swim options off-campus including diving blocks, the deep end, and more! *NOTE: our pools are no longer on campus. On-Campus water sports to include inflatable water slides!
- Improved Grade groupings for Jr, Sr, and Teen Camps in our Classic Camps.. equals more fun for all!
- A TON of new Specialty Camps Sewing, Harry Potter, Zombies Star Wars and MORE!
- Improved Crew Program including Advanced Rowing Camp with half days and split day programs!
Established in 1949 and continuing a proud tradition of providing enjoyable and memorable summer learning experiences for children. Summer @ BB&N is located at Buckingham Browne & Nichols School at our Upper School Campus at 80 Gerry's Landing Road, Cambridge, MA 02138.
Camp plays an essential role in the overall development of a child. At BB&N, we strive to create an environment that encourages participation and healthy risk taking. Our campers go home feeling accomplished and connected to a community of friends and staff. Promoting positive challenge and community connections is crucial for our next generation of leaders, and our team of professional and enthusiastic staff strive to make every camper's experience one of growth and connection."
BB&N provides a valuable and enjoyable summer experience for boys and girls from 4 years old thru rising 10th grade every summer. Campers must be 4 years old by June 1 of the camp year. All children are welcome regardless of the school they attend. We give all campers a careful balance of recreational and creative activities in small groups. All of our camps are both comfortable and friendly, and we believe in a program that encourages new friendships to develop and established ones to grow. Whether you spend one week with us or several, we are hopeful that you will look back on a well-rounded experience full of fond memories that will last a lifetime.
* Not to worry.. I know that getting your life back on track may take some time.. so although the shutdown is over, I will continue to keep this offer open to anyone (government, civilian, contractor, private or independent worker) that is affected.
For all of our families that are affected by the government shutdown, I have waived the deposit requirement for your enrollments this summer. Please feel free to register at any time with zero dollars required to hold your space at camp. Simply enroll up to the payment page and make no payment. Instead, log out and contact our Camp Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the camp weeks you would like and we will complete your enrollment. After June 1, I will work with you to arrange for a personal payment plan that works for your family. Thank you for your service.
Colleen O'Connor, daughter to a Naval Officer, sister to a Naval Officer and a National Guard Pilot, and a former DoD employee for Naval Air Systems Command