Middle School Student Groups
The Middle School (MS) supports students in digging into the weighty questions that come up during this time of intense physical, emotional, and intellectual change. The MS curriculum taps students’ growing capacity for critical thinking, their penchant for risk-taking, and their expanding awareness of self, while continuing to explore windows and mirrors.
- The Student DEIG Steering Committee gathers students interested in informing policies related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Global Education
- DEIG US & 8th Grade Student Leadership Retreat is an overnight retreat for US student affinity and activist groups and 8th grade students.
- Girls Math Collaborative, hosted by the math department, this in-person event, held twice a year, is designed to encourage new friendships between girls who like math, through teamwork and problem solving.
- Look Both Ways is a monthly book club style discussion group for students of color based on the book of the same name.
- Media Lunch: Changing the conversation through the media, students fine tune their ears with Podcasts on different topics of interest.
- Rainbow Club is a supportive and safe space for all MS students who are interested in creating a more inclusive school and world for members of LGBTQ+ community.
- Community Service Club supports BB&N’s local partners through direct action.